Friday, November 23, 2012

Broccoli, Cheese & Rice


This is a dish I got from Kraft Foods. LOVE it, I have had it for a about 6 years and I can even remember when I made it for the first time. I was going to a family friends house with my whole family for dinner. I was nervous because for dinners with friends I would normally make something I know would be great but was kind of in the mood to cook something different anyway, it turnout AMAZING. 

6 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 can (14½ oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups Minute white rice, uncooked
½ lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cup up
1½ Tbs. butter
10 Ritz crackers, crushed (my family likes more so we double the crackers)
2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese

Melt butter in small skillet on medium-high. Add cracker crumbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool completely. Stir in parmesan cheese. Set aside.
 Bring broccoli and broth to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. 
Stir in Velveeta; cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until Velveeta is completely melted. Spoon into dish and sprinkle with cracker crumb mixture.
Makes 12 servings, ½ cup each

Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment