Friday, December 21, 2012

Turtle Pumpkin Pie


 My husbands birthday is just after Thanksgiving so I made him a pumpkin pie insted of a birthday cake. He is not a fan of nuts so I don't add them when I make this recipe. Also I made my own crust with graham crackers, I wanted it to look a little nicer then the stores bought tins and its very easy.  I wish I had a slice now, better make it again for Christmas.

¼ cup plus 2 Tbs. caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 (6 oz.) honey graham pie crust
½ cup plus 2 Tbs. chopped pecans, divided
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla flavor instant pudding
1 cup cold milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
    and divided

Pour ¼ cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with ½ cup nuts.
Beat dry pudding mixes, milk, pumpkin and spices with whisk until well blended. Stir in 1½ cups Cool Whip; spoon into crust.
Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with remaining Cool Whip, caramel topping and nuts just before serving. 
Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment