Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mashed Potatoes and Chicken Toast

Growing up my dad would make this when he didn't feel like making a big dinner. You can use leftover ingredients or make it fresh, either way it is filling and easy!




Ingredients

Mashed Potatoes
Shredded Chicken
Chicken Gravy
Toasted Bread


1) You can make mashed potatoes from real potatoes or follow the box for instant potatoes. I had leftovers from a previous meal I used. I just heated them up in the microwave and added a little butter. Set potatoes aside for now.

2) You can cook a chicken breast any way you like it or reheat some chicken if you have it. I reheated a rotisserie chicken I had bought at Wal-Mart a few days earlier. Shred the chicken and set aside for now.





3) Follow the directions on a packet of chicken gravy.

4) While the gravy is heating, toast some bread according to how many people you will be feeding.

5) Put a spoonful of mashed potatoes on the toasted bread, add some shredded chicken and top with the chicken gravy. Serve warm.

Posted By: Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment