Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake

 I saw this recipe on Pinterest but when I clicked on it I could't find it on the persons blog. I wanted to make it so bad that I searched for it on the internet. I made a few changes but man it's good. I think this would be a great dessert for any night but I think I'm going to make it again with my Valentines dinner. I just love the fresh strawberries in it.

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 T. lemon juice, divided
Zest of 1 lemon
2 1/2 cups flour, divided
1/2 tsp. salt 
8 oz. plain, vanilla or strawberry Greek yogurt
12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Mix together 2 1/4 cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the zest of the lemon and set aside.

With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.  Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 T. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.

Toss together the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup flour.
Gently mix them into the batter.

Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Place in the oven and reduce temperature to 325. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserts into the center of the cake and comes out clean.

Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 T. lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment