Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tortellini Toss

This stuff is amazing!  My mom found this recipe and made it for the first time for our family while we were in Lake Powell.  This is not the first time I'll tell you that we eat better on vacation than at home.  We make this at least once a month at our house, my husband can't get enough of it!




1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 lbs pork ternderloin (cut into 3" strips)
         or  boneless chicken breast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1 pkg (14 oz) frozen sugar snap peas, partially thawed (I actually use fresh from the produce section)
                      or any vegetable of your choice
1 pkg (19 oz) frozen cheese tortellini (again, I buy the fresh refrigerated tortellini)
                     or 4 cups of any pasta
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I use more like 2 cups, we really like cheese!)






In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender and caramelized.  Add meat and seasonings; cook and stir occasionally.  Add snap peas; reduce heat.  Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.  Add cooked tortellini (cook as desired according to package) and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.

** Serve with garlic or cheese bread.
** I tend to round up on the seasonings.  I add a little more than it calls for.

Enjoy!
Posted by Madalyn

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment