Wednesday, March 7, 2012

White Chili

Well I am feeling a little old now that I have entered my first chili cook off, and I won! I won two out of the four catagories, most unique and 1st place. I hope you love this chili as much as my family and I do.


This was my first time cooking the White Chili in a Dutch oven, it turned out great.  I usually cook it on the stove or crock pot.








               White Chili
Soup
2 large cans (26 oz. each) cream of chicken soup
4 cups (32 oz.) chicken broth
3 cans (15 oz. each) white beans
    (great northern or navy)
½ tsp. cumin
3 to 4 chicken breasts cooked and cut up
1 can (4 oz.) mild green chili
1 bell pepper, chopped and sautéed

Toppings
sour cream
chives
shredded cheese

In a large pot sauté chopped bell pepper then add everything in pot and bring to a boil, simmer 5 minutes and add your toppings as desired.

This could also be cooked in a crock pot or Dutch oven.

Thanks to my sister-in-law Traci for this great recipe.


Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment