Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jalapeno Poppers

The first time I tried this type of jalapeno popper, I was on the deer hunt. My mom came out with a fresh batch of these and everyone devoured them!  I HAD to get the recipe!
I make these quite a bit for all occasion's because they are so easy and there are only 4 ingredients, including the jalapeno.



Now, this recipe doesn't include exact measurements, however I will tell you exactly how much of everything I use and you can change it according to what you like.





Jalapeno Poppers




2 8oz bricks of cream cheese (softened)
2 pkgs of bacon
1/4 cup of  Parmesan cheese
Jalapenos (about 2 lbs)

Cut up the bacon in small squares and cook (while the bacon is cooking I like to prepare the jalapenos). Cut off the top of each jalapeno and cut them in half. Throw out the seeds and membrane. Rinse each half.

Preheat oven to 375 degree's.

Once the bacon is done cooking, drain bacon grease and blot bacon with a paper towel. 

In a mixing bowl combine bacon, softened cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Mix well using a big spoon or your hands (do not use a hand held or stand mixer).

Fill each jalapeno half with the bacon cheese mixture and place on a cookie sheet.

Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until hot. Serve immediately.

Posted by Whitney


No comments:

Post a Comment