Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sour Cream Pancakes



This is one of my weekend breakfast's I make when I forgot to go to the store because I usually have everything on hand. I don't remember where I got this recipe from but I have been making it for a couple years now. My husband HATES sour cream but loves these pancakes. 

1 cup sour cream
7 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 eggs
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Butter for your pan

Stir gently together the sour cream, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, add vanilla and stir to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the sour cream/flour mixture. Stir together gently. Don’t worry about your mix being a little lumpy.
 On a hot buttered skillet pour 1/4 cup for each pancake and cook for 1 to 1½ minutes, then flip over and cook for another 1 minute. Serve warm with butter and syrup.

Makes 7 pancakes, for a big family it's very easy to double.

Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment