Thursday, September 27, 2012

Creamy Bacon Fettuccine

 I love this recipe, probably one of my all time favorite recipes. It's creamy and really it has bacon in it so it must be good, right??? I had also been seeing commercials for the Philadelphia Cooking Creme and had wanted to make something with them and then I ran across this amazing recipe. I am going to give you the original recipe and then I will tell you what I did to change it up a bit to make it how my family liked it.


6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces  (I used 8 slices of peppered bacon)
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
1/2 cup  milk  (any milk will work, I used vitamin D because I have a little guy so thats all I had)
1 cup frozen peas   (I added 2 cups)
1/2 lb. fettuccine, cooked  (I am not a big fan of fettuccine so I use whole wheat or whole grain thin spaghetti)

Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
Stir onions into dripping; cook and stir 3 min. or until crisp-tender. Add cooking creme, milk and peas; cook and stir 3 min.
 Add bacon and pasta; stir to coat.
Enjoy!

Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment