Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cheese Biscuits


This is one of the easiest recipes I've ever made.  I make them when I have people over for dinner because they are so easy and it gives me time to spend on the other dishes I'm making. I also make them every Valentines Day along with lobster, crab or shrimp. I have been very clear with my husband that I NEVER want to go out on Valentines Day; I would rather he take me out the day before or the day after but not the day of, just too many people out for me. So that's why we always do a big seafood dinner that night. These are also as close to Red Lobster biscuits as I've ever had. Also great as leftovers, just heat up a few seconds in the microwave. 

Biscuit Mix                  
2 cups baking mix  (Bisquick or Jiffy baking mix)       
2/3 cup milk                  
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese      
¼ cup Parmesan cheese

Toppings
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried parsley

Preheat oven to 450*.

Stir together baking mix, milk and cheeses until soft dough forms. 

Drop 10 to 12 spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.

Melt butter,  stir in garlic powder and parsley flakes. Spoon over warm biscuits. 

Posted by Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment